Factions AFK Kicker

Sane

Apr 4, 2019
IGN
SaneSpirit
Dont allow players to stay AFK for long periods of time. Barely having restrictions when it comes to being afk contributes to a dead server. Take a look at Vanity, you can just leave your computer on and be afk for literal days, they even log you back in. Make what you actually do have value compared to itting afk and having an endless amount of money pouring in. This will help with the server not having an insanely broken economy, while making what you actively do mean even more.

Because then whats the point? Yay, you made millions off of a grinder/farm because you were afk for a day straight. Nobody is having fun and nobody is really playing. Thats not what playing factions should be. Have players take a more active role in actually playing the server.

Parted

Staff
Admin
Mar 6, 2019
IGN
Parted
Faction
MoneyMission
What would you propose the AFK kick timer be set at?
Make what you actually do have value compared to itting afk and having an endless amount of money pouring in.
What do you mean by this?

Sane

Apr 4, 2019
IGN
SaneSpirit
What would you propose the AFK kick timer be set at?

What do you mean by this?
Thank you for genuinely asking and attempting to be helpful lol. What I mean, is that allowing players to stay afk for an endless amount of time negates the need or want to play the server at all. Look at Vanity, and I mention Vanity because Bestle himself has worked on it, nobody is ever genuinely online. The server is full of alts and bots for a few factions.

With the current state of faction servers, its simply who can sit on f top the longest. They play for real money and just wait around until they can put more spawners into their base. Allowing them to sit afk forever, in a way, "does" the work for them. The game becomes a literal waiting game. On paper, how is this not a version of Skyblocks? A bunch of people not even playing the game, waiting for their bal to go up. No reason to do anything else because being AFK is enough. Being AFK and ruining the economy though, is probably the biggest reason for having an AFK kicker to be honest.

I think the timer should be at most, half an hour, but I know people wouldnt like that. I would say at max it should kick you after 2-3 hours if it had to be that high.

Parted

Staff
Admin
Mar 6, 2019
IGN
Parted
Faction
MoneyMission
Thank you for genuinely asking and attempting to be helpful lol. What I mean, is that allowing players to stay afk for an endless amount of time negates the need or want to play the server at all. Look at Vanity, and I mention Vanity because Bestle himself has worked on it, nobody is ever genuinely online. The server is full of alts and bots for a few factions.

With the current state of faction servers, its simply who can sit on f top the longest. They play for real money and just wait around until they can put more spawners into their base. Allowing them to sit afk forever, in a way, "does" the work for them. The game becomes a literal waiting game. On paper, how is this not a version of Skyblocks? A bunch of people not even playing the game, waiting for their bal to go up. No reason to do anything else because being AFK is enough. Being AFK and ruining the economy though, is probably the biggest reason for having an AFK kicker to be honest.

I think the timer should be at most, half an hour, but I know people wouldnt like that. I would say at max it should kick you after 2-3 hours if it had to be that high.
Most factions spend way more than they earn in payouts, especially on large competitive servers where they need to spend a lot to get started (trench picks, harvester hoes, crates, ranks, etc). In the end, they are only being refunded a small percentage of what they spent.

You seem to be arguing that all factions do is AFK their spawners and do nothing else. This is not the case. Competitive factions at least are constantly grinding sugarcane manually to stay ahead/get ahead of everyone else. Most of the money made, at least during grace period, is from some type of manual grinding. After grace period, it comes down to who raids the most; often times factions are raided in less than a week or two. They can’t put their spawners back up because they will get cannoned. You can’t compare it to skyblock because bases can be breached in about 5 minutes on most servers, and from there you can clean out an entire base with creeper eggs. Of course that’s not something we will have on Gontroller, but I don’t see why AFKing spawners is a bad thing when they can be raided. There’s no point in raiding a sugarcane farm, and people get burnt out from grinding that after the first week because they’re caught up in raiding all the time. You mention how being AFK ruins the economy, I think a contributing factor to this is the 7 day grace period every other server has, bases take an afternoon to complete now so Factions use the rest of the time grinding economy and that’s why we see factions with billions of dollars of f top in the first few days. As long as spawners are balanced I don’t see an issue.

Let me ask you this:
Is there a difference between a server that has 10 real players and 90 alts, or a server with 10 real players and 0 alts? Is one server more “dead” than the other?

And if we were to add a 30 minute AFK timer like you said, wouldn’t that mean that the server couldn’t be a spawner economy? It would have to be some sort of manual crop economy right?

Last edited:
Reactions: g33builder

Vilanoxx

Dec 27, 2013
IGN
Vilanoxx
Faction
Chaos
Dont allow players to stay AFK for long periods of time. Barely having restrictions when it comes to being afk contributes to a dead server. Take a look at Vanity, you can just leave your computer on and be afk for literal days, they even log you back in. Make what you actually do have value compared to itting afk and having an endless amount of money pouring in. This will help with the server not having an insanely broken economy, while making what you actively do mean even more.

Because then whats the point? Yay, you made millions off of a grinder/farm because you were afk for a day straight. Nobody is having fun and nobody is really playing. Thats not what playing factions should be. Have players take a more active role in actually playing the server.
lol.png

1092CQ

Cake
Staff
Admin
Dec 23, 2012
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
IGN
1092CQ
Faction
HouseofLegends
Votes
This.

The primary reason that the AFK kicker is no longer as strict as it once was is because it is so easy for people to bypass it these days with various console client scripts. It's not that difficult at all to add variable relogging delays or alerts to make it seem as if they're genuinely being re-logged by a player who is just not paying attention to that accounts chat.

Trying to enforce it just results in those who play within the rules being inconvenienced and gives the advantage to those Factions who just use automatic relogging methods without any real way to actively check on / enforce it especially with those hosting alts on shared external servers.

It's really not hugely different to the earlier Gontroller maps where people would use AFK Machines to avoid the kicker, so can be managed as long as its something we keep in mind when balancing aspects of the server.

gir99

Jan 13, 2013
I don't see any point in an AFK kicker or even making it illegal to AFK because its so easy to bypass. Could we not make spawners just keep going even without players around? and stop giving out rewards for just being online. ( you don't a lot of alts to afk grinders I don't understand why people complain about this anyways)

Ledo_5678

Oct 11, 2013
You really are insucre and unconfident. My post made you that angry? Is that screen shot also not proving various points I've made in the recent past? Sorry you're clueless, but not everyone is stuck at your low level of thinking. You can't fathom the idea that someone could potentially be better than you at a small task? You all decided to circle jerk each other on discord which I didn't even see till I just saw your screen shots now instead of actually talk and have a discussion about factions.
Edit: I just realized it's your signature. I've never cringed harder in my life. You made that your signature yet won't even make a reply to one of my posts.

Vilanoxx

Dec 27, 2013
IGN
Vilanoxx
Faction
Chaos
You really are insucre and unconfident. My post made you that angry? Is that screen shot also not proving various points I've made in the recent past? Sorry you're clueless, but not everyone is stuck at your low level of thinking. You can't fathom the idea that someone could potentially be better than you at a small task? You all decided to circle jerk each other on discord which I didn't even see till I just saw your screen shots now instead of actually talk and have a discussion about factions.
Edit: I just realized it's your signature. I've never cringed harder in my life. You made that your signature yet won't even make a reply to one of my posts.
Oh how I wish I was blessed to be nearly as enlightened as you are. Don't let me stop you from living in your own little world of delusion though, all the more entertainment for me. I'm sure you'll have a massive relevant impact the community will appreciate and remember you by.

"Lay out a plan for gontroller that will set them up for life" btw lol !

catch you on reset buddy, I've decided to aim high this map and achieve an f top value on par with your chromosome count

Ledo_5678

Oct 11, 2013
Oh how I wish I was blessed to be nearly as enlightened as you are. Don't let me stop you from living in your own little world of delusion though, all the more entertainment for me. I'm sure you'll have a massive relevant impact the community will appreciate and remember you by.

"Lay out a plan for gontroller that will set them up for life" btw lol !

catch you on reset buddy, I've decided to aim high this map and achieve an f top value on par with your chromosome count
You're embarrassing yourself now just like you embarrassed yourself on discord yesterday.
You're such a under performer that you don't think it's possible for someone to identify a problem and find a solution meanwhile that's what most of thinking is.
Sorry you're an under achiever. Not everyone is like you though. Everything I've said you're further proving my point in your reply. If only you realized that, then you could potentially stop the embarrassment.

Memo

May 11, 2019
IGN
MrMemo
Faction
Farside
Reading this retards replies makes me wanna shoot myself in the dick

Vilanoxx

Dec 27, 2013
IGN
Vilanoxx
Faction
Chaos
You're embarrassing yourself now just like you embarrassed yourself on discord yesterday.
You're such a under performer that you don't think it's possible for someone to identify a problem and find a solution meanwhile that's what most of thinking is.
Sorry you're an under achiever. Not everyone is like you though. Everything I've said you're further proving my point in your reply. If only you realized that, then you could potentially stop the embarrassment.
LOL he's angry !

Yeah you really got me good there, big mans out here talking about having discussions when it was your pussy ass who left the discord after realizing how stupid you looked egs de. All you do is sit here getting off to a perception that I'm "embarassed" or have anything to be embarassed about whatsoever LMFAO I'm literally chilling while getting a kick out of watching your clown ass pop blood vessels left n right

Reactions: Memo

Memo

May 11, 2019
IGN
MrMemo
Faction
Farside
Imagine getting so worked up to the point of throwing personal insults. You're the very definition of an egotistical bellend zzz I can see you crying behind your computer screen bro you need to calm down x