lol @ everyone playing

Riaz

Oct 27, 2014
IGN
Riaz
Faction
Wilderness
Votes
You've literally been kept in the dark on like 3 servers "shutting down" without any updates and then 6+ months later they announce a new server and yall be like

Last edited:

Substance

Mar 14, 2014
You've literally been kept in the dark on like 3 servers "shutting down" without and update and then 6+ months later they announce a new server and yall be like
And you have the time to come make this pointless post. Corn ball if i’ve ever seen one lol.

Reactions: Mateo

Riaz

Oct 27, 2014
IGN
Riaz
Faction
Wilderness
Votes
If you have any specific questions about the reasoning behind the server changes, I'm happy to answer them from my perspective.
I would normally respond to dis, but honestly I'm so done with mc/vaelox/gt I don't really care anymoar lul
Pce out (last post ever) bai

• Haha
Reactions: issyjack9941

Snipist

Apr 15, 2013
IGN
ZF4
Faction
Wilderness
Votes
I would normally respond to dis, but honestly I'm so done with mc/vaelox/gt I don't really care anymoar lul
...but you did respond.
Who are you again..?lol

• Haha
Reactions: Daruni

lethal_shrekin

Staff
Nov 1, 2016
Vaelox
IGN
lethal_shrekin
Faction
Demonic
You've literally been kept in the dark on like 3 servers "shutting down" without any updates and then 6+ months later they announce a new server and yall be like
I remember you were one of those players who would log on vaelox and say stuff like "this server is shit just reopen gontroller/justpvp" and now your complaining because they are reopening it?!?!?!

swiftdart5

Legendary Member
Feb 4, 2013
IGN
swiftdart5
Faction
Raw
Votes
If you have any specific questions about the reasoning behind the server changes, I'm happy to answer them from my perspective.
Why does Bestle keep opening new servers and resetting donator ranks without fixing issues that made the servers fail in the first place (eg. staff issues/bias, pay2win, etc)?????

mattcam

Staff
Helper
Oct 6, 2013
IGN
Mattcam
Faction
Wilderness
Votes
I cringed.

1092CQ

Cake
Staff
Admin
Dec 23, 2012
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
IGN
1092CQ
Faction
HouseofLegends
Votes
Keep in mind anything I say here is just my understanding of the situation.

Why does Bestle keep opening new servers
Bestle has only opened one server besides Gontroller. Vaelox.
Vaelox was opened to allow Bestle and Swifteh to work together and to try something new. Vaelox originally started out as a very different Factions experience to what it became. Eventually things became stagnant and the focus for both Bestle and Swifteh became development projects for other servers.

The Gontroller relaunch, after 3 years of being gone was bought about by Heeves, who is stepping up into the owner role and allow Bestle and Swifteh to continue their focus on things behind the scenes and their development work here and elsewhere. The Gontroller name still holds a lot of history and memories for many and bringing it back was always the hope that it would bring back many old members of the community (which appears to have been happening) to rekindle those old feelings we all had from Gontroller.

I've always been a little dubious about the idea of bringing the server back, preferring to hold the good Memories I had rather than taint them with any sort of lackluster experience however some of the ideas I've heard proposed excite me enough to want to be involved. Even if things do not work out, it will not be for lack of effort and trying.

Resetting donator ranks
Vaelox was a very different server with an entirely different set of ranks, so it was impossible to easily carry things acros from either JustPVP or Gontroller, we still offered compensation for those with previous ranks, however.

As for the new Gontroller, much the same. We will be looking to update and change the ranks. Although the names may be the same there is no guarentee anything else will be. This will also allow us to offer the same sort of compensation to those who purchased ranks on both Gontroller and Vaelox. This also allows us to rebalance things a little more.

Of course, money is always a Factor. The server needs funds to run but we're not going to completely ignore all the members that have been loyal to the server(s) for so long.

the servers fail in the first place
I'm not sure I would say either server failed. Sure, Vaelox was not as successful as it could have been both ultimately both servers lasted a decent amount of time. Gontroller last over 4 years, across 8 maps. Vaelox 2 years with 6 maps (Plus the original versions before that).

staff issues/bias
We've had very few issues or reports of staff bias on Vaelox, and certainly nothing significantly major but I'm always happy to hear about issues so we can address them. Of course, these reports have to be equally be measured for their bias and obsession from players towards staff or other Factions otherwise they're very unreliable.

In the entire history of the servers I've been involved in we've always been pretty lucky and had very few major staff issues compared to many other servers out there.

I've always had feedback from players that Gontroller and Vaelox were among the least Pay2Win servers out there, offering almost everything as an available option in-game and very few store-exclusives. Perhaps the crate and key system that we bought into Vaelox was a little more of a traditional "Pay2Win" focus but much of those keys were purchased using coupons players obtained in-game but even then most of the rewards offered were available through other methods.

If you have specifics on things to avoid to reduce the overly pay2win elements of Faction servers today, let us know so we can keep them in mind going forward.

g33builder

Staff
Jan 2, 2014
IGN
g33builder
Faction
Wilderness
Votes

Vaelox was opened to allow Bestle and Swifteh to work together and to try something new. Vaelox originally started out as a very different Factions experience to what it became. Eventually things became stagnant and the focus for both Bestle and Swifteh became development projects for other servers.

The Gontroller relaunch, after 3 years of being gone was bought about by Heeves, who is stepping up into the owner role and allow Bestle and Swifteh to continue their focus on things behind the scenes and their development work here and elsewhere. The Gontroller name still holds a lot of history and memories for many and bringing it back was always the hope that it would bring back many old members of the community (which appears to have been happening) to rekindle those old feelings we all had from Gontroller.

I've always been a little dubious about the idea of bringing the server back, preferring to hold the good Memories I had rather than taint them with any sort of lackluster experience however some of the ideas I've heard proposed excite me enough to want to be involved. Even if things do not work out, it will not be for lack of effort and trying.

Vaelox was a very different server with an entirely different set of ranks, so it was impossible to easily carry things acros from either JustPVP or Gontroller, we still offered compensation for those with previous ranks, however.

As for the new Gontroller, much the same. We will be looking to update and change the ranks. Although the names may be the same there is no guarentee anything else will be. This will also allow us to offer the same sort of compensation to those who purchased ranks on both Gontroller and Vaelox. This also allows us to rebalance things a little more.

Of course, money is always a Factor. The server needs funds to run but we're not going to completely ignore all the members that have been loyal to the server(s) for so long.

I'm not sure I would say either server failed. Sure, Vaelox was not as successful as it could have been both ultimately both servers lasted a decent amount of time. Gontroller last over 4 years, across 8 maps. Vaelox 2 years with 6 maps (Plus the original versions before that).

We've had very few issues or reports of staff bias on Vaelox, and certainly nothing significantly major but I'm always happy to hear about issues so we can address them. Of course, these reports have to be equally be measured for their bias and obsession from players towards staff or other Factions otherwise they're very unreliable.

In the entire history of the servers I've been involved in we've always been pretty lucky and had very few major staff issues compared to many other servers out there.

I've always had feedback from players that Gontroller and Vaelox were among the least Pay2Win servers out there, offering almost everything as an available option in-game and very few store-exclusives. Perhaps the crate and key system that we bought into Vaelox was a little more of a traditional "Pay2Win" focus but much of those keys were purchased using coupons players obtained in-game but even then most of the rewards offered were available through other methods.

If you have specifics on things to avoid to reduce the overly pay2win elements of Faction servers today, let us know so we can keep them in mind going forward.
Toxic

• Cake
Reactions: Chosen

gir99

Jan 13, 2013

Sorry but the staff on Vaelox sucked horse cock my dude.