Factions Making mcmmo more important?

gir99

Jan 13, 2013
I assume everyones mcmmo is going to reset so Idk what the situation here is but one thing i liked on gt was fishing and brewing mcmmo.

They kinda died and bestle never really made mcmmo worth training again imo. Dunno how people feel about mcmmo as ive trained it so many times, I wouldnt even bother doing it now. But it could add something for the new players?
Apart of me feels like it should either go away (remove cluter) or be changed alot because it was useless on vaelox.

Parted

Staff
Admin
Mar 6, 2019
IGN
Parted
Faction
MoneyMission
We have ideas to make every McMMO skill beneficial to grind in some way, including fishing and brewing, no skill will be completely useless

Infiniti

Jul 5, 2015
IGN
Infinxtii
Faction
Asylum
Votes
McMMO on Vaelox was pretty much the most well done out of any server ever, and it'd be good to see it carried over. I couldn't suggest any other improvements really, so if there is already some in the work I look forward to it.

gir99

Jan 13, 2013
McMMO on Vaelox was pretty much the most well done out of any server ever, and it'd be good to see it carried over. I couldn't suggest any other improvements really, so if there is already some in the work I look forward to it.
Really? I didn't think it was anything special. Can you explain I remember it being pretty useless when i played

Infiniti

Jul 5, 2015
IGN
Infinxtii
Faction
Asylum
Votes
Really? I didn't think it was anything special. Can you explain I remember it being pretty useless when i played
Did you play after prestiges and the prestige kits were introduced? imo vaelox' mcmmo skills and levelling was pretty well balanced with just playing out factions and the scoreboards were always pretty competitive.

gir99

Jan 13, 2013
Did you play after prestiges and the prestige kits were introduced? imo vaelox' mcmmo skills and levelling was pretty well balanced with just playing out factions and the scoreboards were always pretty competitive.
Oh yes i never bothered though but i guess you are right prestiges are pretty good i was meaning more what you do with the skills before capping but yes in terms of balance it was good

SlyPlane

Legendary Member
Dec 18, 2013
IGN
SlyPlane
Faction
6Void
Votes
I liked mcmmo on Vaelox as it was with one change. I'll explain how it works first.

When prestiging, make it so you restart mcmmo with lvl 100 in each area (After 2nd prestige, lvl 200. after 3rd prestige lvl 300 etc). Then, change the level required to prestige to 1100, 1200, etc. HOWEVER, change the exp required for each level to be exactly as if you were starting at lvl 0. Eg, if 1500 exp were required for lvl 1 -> lvl 2, then, after prestiging, 1500 exp is required for lvl 100 -> lvl 101. But, the skill bonuses should stay static past lvl 1000. Eg, lvl 1000 herbalism has a 50% double drop chance, but lvl 1500 (after 5 prestiges) still only has a 50% double drop chance.

This is a nice incentive that makes it so you can still use the skill bonuses after prestiging.

Parted

Staff
Admin
Mar 6, 2019
IGN
Parted
Faction
MoneyMission
I liked mcmmo on Vaelox as it was with one change. I'll explain how it works first.

When prestiging, make it so you restart mcmmo with lvl 100 in each area (After 2nd prestige, lvl 200. after 3rd prestige lvl 300 etc). Then, change the level required to prestige to 1100, 1200, etc. HOWEVER, change the exp required for each level to be exactly as if you were starting at lvl 0. Eg, if 1500 exp were required for lvl 1 -> lvl 2, then, after prestiging, 1500 exp is required for lvl 100 -> lvl 101. But, the skill bonuses should stay static past lvl 1000. Eg, lvl 1000 herbalism has a 50% double drop chance, but lvl 1500 (after 5 prestiges) still only has a 50% double drop chance.

This is a nice incentive that makes it so you can still use the skill bonuses after prestiging.
We looked into this idea but ultimately it would be too huge of an advantage to people who have prestiged a lot times. It would also require us to do a lot more testing to keep it balanced. Instead we settled on changing the McMMO Cap from 1,000 to 2,000, while not resetting McMMO in between maps. When you prestige, you will be granted 3 prestige tokens, which you can use to spend on things like kits and abilities. So for example, you could spend your prestige tokens on upgrading an archery ability which grants a % chance to pull a player towards you when you shoot them with a bow.

SlyPlane

Legendary Member
Dec 18, 2013
IGN
SlyPlane
Faction
6Void
Votes
We looked into this idea but ultimately it would be too huge of an advantage to people who have prestiged a lot times. It would also require us to do a lot more testing to keep it balanced. Instead we settled on changing the McMMO Cap from 1,000 to 2,000, while not resetting McMMO in between maps. When you prestige, you will be granted 3 prestige tokens, which you can use to spend on things like kits and abilities. So for example, you could spend your prestige tokens on upgrading an archery ability which grants a % chance to pull a player towards you when you shoot them with a bow.
I like this idea!

Reactions: Parted