Factions No f top rewards

Ledo_5678

Oct 11, 2013
F top rewards makes most people play not for fun but are minecraft players for hire. Apex legends has no ranked and no playing for money but if all of a sudden you played apex legends for money it would become no longer fun and would be way tooo serious. I know a lot of people would disagree with me because they want the chance to get money. Maybe this is just a personal thing but I thought I'd bring this up just incase anyone wanted to give their thoughts.

gir99

Jan 13, 2013
Yea i kinda agree tbh It just seems to rank the amount of time played by how many players you have. Ranking makes more sense for strategic games but factions in general is totally non-strategic at this point.

For example where do you build your base? The world border and you choose between water or land and thats basically it. There is no advantage/consequence to building anywhere. In other games where you build/what you build is super important. For example in rust your position relative to important places matters alot and nodes gather in certain spots so where ever you build has trade offs. In factions it doesn't matter.

As long as you play enough to keep raids to a minimum economy is the same. What do you do? the second you log on you open up the shop prices and its totally obvious the economy for the map. You can just go sugar cane for a short while then drop spawners (enderman etc). BANG do that the whole map more than anyone and you win. The economy doesn't change when everyone sells one thing and you rarely have to buy from other players or gather anything by hand or even think at all. Everything apart from spawners and TNT is almost free to some extent. In other games the economy evolves or you need more of a certain resources or you need to raid/PVP for a certain item.

There is almost no need to PVP or raid in order to win or do anything other than grind / build the simplest base.

Basically what I'm getting at is: if there is ambiguity in who is the best faction, players would be more likely to take part in the more strategic elements of the game like PVP, Raiding and decorating/gathering special items. If strategy was the reason for being f top I would understand it, but there is almost nothing strategic about getting f top since gathering spawners is the aim. Keeping/gathering spawners is legit just doing one thing more than everyone else and deviating from it will make you "worse than the faction that does it more".

Parted

Staff
Admin
Mar 6, 2019
IGN
Parted
Faction
MoneyMission
Yea i kinda agree tbh It just seems to rank the amount of time played by how many players you have. Ranking makes more sense for strategic games but factions in general is totally non-strategic at this point.

For example where do you build your base? The world border and you choose between water or land and thats basically it. There is no advantage/consequence to building anywhere. In other games where you build/what you build is super important. For example in rust your position relative to important places matters alot and nodes gather in certain spots so where ever you build has trade offs. In factions it doesn't matter.
You will find that you will need to be strategic with the positioning of your base on this upcoming map, depending on your factions playstyle.
As long as you play enough to keep raids to a minimum economy is the same. What do you do? the second you log on you open up the shop prices and its totally obvious the economy for the map. You can just go sugar cane for a short while then drop spawners (enderman etc). BANG do that the whole map more than anyone and you win. The economy doesn't change when everyone sells one thing and you rarely have to buy from other players or gather anything by hand or even think at all. Everything apart from spawners and TNT is almost free to some extent. In other games the economy evolves or you need more of a certain resources or you need to raid/PVP for a certain item.

There is almost no need to PVP or raid in order to win or do anything other than grind / build the simplest base.

Basically what I'm getting at is: if there is ambiguity in who is the best faction, players would be more likely to take part in the more strategic elements of the game like PVP, Raiding and decorating/gathering special items. If strategy was the reason for being f top I would understand it, but there is almost nothing strategic about getting f top since gathering spawners is the aim. Keeping/gathering spawners is legit just doing one thing more than everyone else and deviating from it will make you "worse than the faction that does it more".
One of the reasons I don’t see factions take part in pvp on other servers is usually due to a lack of pvp events and/or a lack of rewards. I would say that Vaelox was the most generous with koth rewards for example and that’s something we will carry over to Gontroller. Don’t forget about faction achievements which offer a whole host of rewards from various activities. Spawners are always going to be the primary way to make money so the grindiest faction will always win, that’s just how it is. I wouldn’t say that everything is free, there are going to be a lot of cosmetic items, pvp gear, etc. that you can’t just buy with money. If you want the best items in the game you need to put the time in.

Parted

Staff
Admin
Mar 6, 2019
IGN
Parted
Faction
MoneyMission
F top rewards makes most people play not for fun but are minecraft players for hire. Apex legends has no ranked and no playing for money but if all of a sudden you played apex legends for money it would become no longer fun and would be way tooo serious. I know a lot of people would disagree with me because they want the chance to get money. Maybe this is just a personal thing but I thought I'd bring this up just incase anyone wanted to give their thoughts.
There are very few factions that actually play for the money, if they do they go to really small servers with hardly any competition to swipe the f top prize. Nearly every faction who plays competitively spends much more than they actually earn from payouts, if they wanted to make a profit they wouldn’t donate so much.

Ledo_5678

Oct 11, 2013
solid point but It's still an incentive and changes the way people play. There becomes no depth to the server. It's only about f top and everything revolved around f top like a weird mini game. Maybe; in game rewards or possibly even buycraft, but Straight cash?

Parted

Staff
Admin
Mar 6, 2019
IGN
Parted
Faction
MoneyMission
solid point but It's still an incentive and changes the way people play. There becomes no depth to the server. It's only about f top and everything revolved around f top like a weird mini game. Maybe; in game rewards or possibly even buycraft, but Straight cash?
I would agree it’s a good incentive to play but if payouts are calculated properly they can draw in players which is always a good thing. Most servers do a PayPal/buycraft split with the rewards anyway, it’s never PayPal only.

You say that payouts “change the way people play,” how?

Assume each server below is a competitive factions server with the same features/staff/mechanics:

Server A: $250 PayPal payout weekly
Server B: $125 PayPal, $125 buycraft weekly
Server C: No payout

Which server would Factions play the most? Specifically, how would their playstyle be different?

gir99

Jan 13, 2013
ok good response I don't think theres a problem with the amount of pvp honestly it's just the prize forces people away from other aspects of the game that are fun to grind harder. And I agree players don't play for the money as well however it places way more importance on the f top ranking. I don't really care either way but I can see ledos point where the whole game ends up revolving around this one part where there is really no room for creativity or experimenting.

Parted

Staff
Admin
Mar 6, 2019
IGN
Parted
Faction
MoneyMission
ok good response I don't think theres a problem with the amount of pvp honestly it's just the prize forces people away from other aspects of the game that are fun to grind harder. And I agree players don't play for the money as well however it places way more importance on the f top ranking. I don't really care either way but I can see ledos point where the whole game ends up revolving around this one part where there is really no room for creativity or experimenting.
Winning f top is usually more of a pride thing among the comp facs than about money. If some facs don’t think they have a chance at winning they might not play to avoid being embarrassed.

At this point in the game there is no point to creativity or experimentation because the most efficient ways for everything have already been figured out. Everyone knows that you build your base with straight walls only, for example, because all other “creative” defenses are no longer good. I will say that we are introducing some new mechanics which will encourage a little more creativity but that’s outside of base building.

Reactions: gir99