Parted
Faction
MoneyMission
Printer will be enabled and fly in your own faction land

Ledo_5678

Oct 11, 2013
Printer will be enabled and fly in your own faction land
Gontroller V2 won't last past map 2.
I'm sorry man but it took bestle over 3 years in a row to "come up" (enable) with /f warp and that was his big new idea. Then years down the line he's ok with adding /fly and printer. The silent majority don't like it. This is entirely evident by which servers are popular. On saicopvp, they have over 5 realms. 2 of which don't allow /fly and don't allow printing. Both server a booming like gonrtoller once was. (Averaging 300 players on at all times not 20 man alts per person) (On both) I can give the most creative ideas, the most simple ideas that would bring gontroller up and yet nothing gets changed / implemented and gontroller fails over and over again.(Or it takes you 2 years to implement it) I might play for the first map just to give gontroller the benefit of the doubt due to my loyalty, That's all though. Gontrollers' mistakes are so blatantly obvious to me and so many other players and we can even list them all out to you guys and yet they won't fix their mistakes. Hence the cycle. Start by listening to your player base and maybe you can make some progress but most of your player base already gave their thoughts / opinions right before they left your server. They're gone now and you can't ask them anything. You're surveying the same people who dictated the changes that inevitably made vaelox fail.

Parted

Staff
Admin
Mar 6, 2019
IGN
Parted
Faction
MoneyMission
I'm sorry man but it took bestle over 3 years in a row to "come up" (enable) with /f warp and that was his big new idea. Then years down the line he's ok with adding /fly and printer. The silent majority don't like it. This is entirely evident by which servers are popular. On saicopvp, they have over 5 realms. 2 of which don't allow /fly and don't allow printing. Both server a booming like gonrtoller once was. (Averaging 300 players on at all times not 20 man alts per person) (On both) I can give the most creative ideas, the most simple ideas that would bring gontroller up and yet nothing gets changed / implemented and gontroller fails over and over again.(Or it takes you 2 years to implement it) I might play for the first map just to give gontroller the benefit of the doubt due to my loyalty, That's all though. Gontrollers' mistakes are so blatantly obvious to me and so many other players and we can even list them all out to you guys and yet they won't fix their mistakes. Hence the cycle. Start by listening to your player base and maybe you can make some progress but most of your player base already gave their thoughts / opinions right before they left your server. They're gone now and you can't ask them anything. You're surveying the same people who dictated the changes that inevitably made vaelox fail.
What issues are caused by faction fly and printer? That isn’t why vaelox failed.

gir99

Jan 13, 2013
What? I don't think anyone complained at about these things in the moment and it clearly has nothing to do with why vaelox failed.
The reason bestle doesn't listen to the players is because they are stupid and ask for totally retarded shit that fully contradicts what the last player wanted. His best bet was just try to make the server fair, not pander to every kid who cried they knew exactly what to do if only bestle gave them a chance.
I agree bestle probably needed to change the gameplay but not because it was bad but just to shake it up.

swiftdart5

Legendary Member
Feb 4, 2013
IGN
swiftdart5
Faction
Raw
Votes
What? I don't think anyone complained at about these things in the moment and it clearly has nothing to do with why vaelox failed.
The reason bestle doesn't listen to the players is because they are stupid and ask for totally retarded shit that fully contradicts what the last player wanted. His best bet was just try to make the server fair, not pander to every kid who cried they knew exactly what to do if only bestle gave them a chance.
I agree bestle probably needed to change the gameplay but not because it was bad but just to shake it up.
you're right bestle needs to add /fly and particle effects to appease the 8 year olds with adhd and not the players who brought the competitive edge to the server

Last edited:
Reactions: Ledo_5678

gir99

Jan 13, 2013
you're right bestle needs to add /fly and particle effects to appease the 8 year olds with adhd and not the players who brought the competitive edge to the server
Did you even play vaelox? And i wasnt saying to add it to gontroller i actually think the opposite but on vaelox it made a lot of sense considering how the cannons were and bestle tried tone it back multiple times but turns out people didnt actually want that. Gontroller shouldnt add printer but thats because its a new server, probably with a different player base.

Ledo_5678

Oct 11, 2013
What issues are caused by faction fly and printer? That isn’t why vaelox failed.
fly and printer ruin the pace of the game, the economy and turns the faction server into an op faction server.
Fly / printer is like urf from league of legends. Yea it's fun once a year for 2-3 days; but every day? At the end of maps where pvp is enabled in spawn and everything is all crazy, that's really fun within the context of the situation but imagine if that was the server at all times. Then it just tranforms into something that isn't factions. Faction servers with /fly and printer feel more like sky blocks than factions. There is a balance between removing tedious tasks and just enabling /fly and printer, things could get WAY too easy throwing things out of whack. Things like allowing us to stack buckets, making the end of map sand stone, low y level at the border, Easier selling methods, Sponges clearing more area and or being easier to break, and also adding blast picks those ideas were all suggested to gontroller throughout the maps. Only 1 out of them were added and even then half way. Now all of a sudden you want to go to that side of the extreme? /fly and printer Buff everything. Economy, cannons, defense. This is why it's op factions. If I explained a server with printer and fly to you during you playing gontroller in map 1-7 you would say that is op factions. Gontroller had a huge market share and dictated where other servers would aim their servers towards due to it being highly against op factions. Just because you put the stamp "factions" does not mean it's not op factions. When the average cacti farm is 20x20 chunks and not blocks, maybe that's how you know it's op factions.
I've also seen some people claiming it gets rid of tedious tasks not only can you go too far in this direction but they're also spending 12+ hours a day building farms and grinding a day, most would probably say they spend more time on "tedious tasks" than before. Those same people making those claims are the same ones that don't have fun playing their servers hence why they're looking for new servers. They're just really loud but look at the player count /fly and printer servers. "600+" players yet only 50-75 players: the rest are alts. The economy gets tarnished and blown to shit. What percentage of servers had a horrible economy back before /fly and printer? Now it's such a common issue and people don't even know why. You have the ability to use hacks; legal hacks, to build your farms. What would have taken you an entire day to bust out you can have done within 20-30 minutes easily. I'm pretty sure it's obvious to every single person why /fly and printer ruins economies by making everything easier. The economy directly effects raids as well. Force raiding would be extremely risky and you'd be putting something on the line if you potentially fail if the economy wasn't so out of whack. You'd be risking wasting dubs of tnt. These are just a few of the issues with fly/printer which directly and indirectly impact the server in a negative way.

The over arching problem with gontroller / bestle as a whole is that they were and still are unable to identify why they keep failing.

gir99

Jan 13, 2013
Why do you think bestle failed?gontroller/vaelox have the most dedicated players and for long time every other server just followed. The player base was also way ahead of other servers. He was pretty good most of the time.
Bestle tried to go in a new direction with vaelox originally and it didnt work because players want a certian type of server. Its like walmart all of sudden rising its prices and only selling high quality american made goods it just isnt their branding, it wouldn't work.

Gontroller and vaelox was always an op server but because its so complex it didnt gather a lot of new players like other large faction servers so it mainly relies on a set of super dedicated players. Your idea could work simply because its a different player base but it would require the whole server to be nerfed the fuck out of and the first map would probably suck until the kinks were fixed up. Which would probably drive away the players that are needed.
You can't just nerf the server and expect the old gameplay to just happen. The only way it would work would be to change game mechanics heavily.

Tbh i vomit in my mouth at the though of digging trenchs block by block for days on end which is what is now required (because of cannons and super nerds) . Its time for some kind of change just needs to be balanced.

Last edited:

Ledo_5678

Oct 11, 2013
Why do you think bestle failed?gontroller/vaelox have the most dedicated players and for long time every other server just followed. The player base was also way ahead of other servers. He was pretty good most of the time.
Bestle tried to go in a new direction with vaelox originally and it didnt work because players want a certian type of server. Its like walmart all of sudden rising its prices and only selling high quality american made goods it just isnt their branding, it wouldn't work.

Gontroller and vaelox was always an op server but because its so complex it didnt gather a lot of new players like other large faction servers so it mainly relies on a set of super dedicated players. Your idea could work simply because its a different player base but it would require the whole server to be nerfed the fuck out of and the first map would probably suck until the kinks were fixed up. Which would probably drive away the players that are needed.
You can't just nerf the server and expect the old gameplay to just happen. The only way it would work would be to change game mechanics heavily.

Tbh i vomit in my mouth at the though of digging trenchs block by block for days on end which is what is now required (because of cannons and super nerds) . Its time for some kind of change just needs to be balanced.
It is also like walmart raising prices and not quality. Gontroller also was failing before vaelox was created. People were heavily fed up in map 6 but started getting fed up way before that. Not due to change but due to lack of change. Look back at all the "I'm trying to play a video game not do chores" threads from map 4/5/6/7. Bestle never changed anything nor took in suggestions and if he did it took him 2-3 years to add a small feature that was suggested way back. Lack of change causes gontroller to fail not change. We all eventually slowly but surley left. Some left when he didn't make changes a year in, some left when he didn't make changes 3 years in. Then bestle took all of his ideas and instead of patching gontroller or updating the server, he made an entirely different server so we'd have to donate again.